Proposition of a Macro Health Index in the World

Journal Title: Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Studies - Year 2020, Vol 3, Issue 03

Abstract

This article provides an aggregated indicator of health in the world from a macroeconomic perspective. Using World Bank Data Based on a sample of 178 countries and regions covering the period 1995-2014, we adopt the principal component analysis (PCA) to estimate the new indicator. The main results are as follows: the new indicator belongs to -5.375 and 4.239, where -5.375 is the score recorded by the worst-ranked country while 4.239 is the highest score recorded. In 2014, 69% of the sample have an index greater than the average of zero because of the normalization of data in ACP. The remaining 31% are mainly found in Africa, mostly in the Sub-Saharan regions.

Authors and Affiliations

Rodrigue N Tchoffo, Dany T Dombou, Achille T Tanga, Guivis Z Nkemgha

Keywords

Related Articles

Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Returns Revisited

I revisit the relation between macroeconomic activities and stock prices by selecting the most important macroeconomic variables that are appropriate for analyzing their impact on stock returns. Using vector autogressive...

Influence of Car, Ldr, Npl and Bopo on Roa on Commercial Banks Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2010-2016

This study aims to test how much influence Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR), Loan to Deposit Ratio (LDR), Non Performing Loan (NPL), Operational Revenue Expense (BOPO) to ROA; how much influence the CAR, LDR, NPL and BOPO s...

Democratic Republic of Congo and Crisis of Leadership (2016-2018)

Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has experience some leadership crisis since the time it gains its independence in 1960, the country’s leadership has been lacking three attributes of the utmost importance to the a...

Assessment of Disclosure of Financial Information of Selected Insurance Companies in Bangladesh with IASS and IFRSs

This paper reviews on the assessment of disclosure of financial information in annual reports of selected insurance companies in Bangladesh and discusses the level disclosures with IASs and IFRSs. Increasingly, the cred...

Insurance Sub-Sector Development: An Emerging Pillar For Economic Growth and Sustainability in Nigeria

This study examined the effect of Insurance sub-sector development on economic growth and sustainability in Nigeria. It specifically examined the impact of insurance premium on economic growth in Nigeria, ascertain the...

Download PDF file
  • EP ID EP683956
  • DOI -
  • Views 172
  • Downloads 0

How To Cite

Rodrigue N Tchoffo, Dany T Dombou, Achille T Tanga, Guivis Z Nkemgha (2020). Proposition of a Macro Health Index in the World. Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Studies, 3(03), -. https://europub.co.uk/articles/-A-683956